Dr. Henrike Hartmann is Deputy Secretary General and heads the Foundation’s Funding Department.
2021: Deputy Secretary General of the Foundation.
2015: Head of the Funding Department and Member of the Executive Board
2010-2015: Head of the team "People and Structures" within the funding department
1998: Transfer to the Volkswagen Foundation as specialist for biomedicine and neuroscience
1995-1998: Postdoctoral fellow at Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School/USA and research associate in pharmacology at the University of Frankfurt.
1993: Doctorate in the field of psychopharmacology at the Central Institute for Mental Health in Mannheim/University of Heidelberg
- 1984-1989: Pharmacy studies in Freiburg
Chairwoman of the Constance University Council
Member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Frankfurt
Member of the Board of Trustees of the Max Planck Institutes for Metabolism Research, for Biology of Aging, and for Plant Breeding Research, all in Cologne, Germany
Dieter Lehmann heads the Asset Management department.
- Since 1999 Member of the Executive Board and Head of the Asset Management Department
- 1991-1999: Worked for DG BANK, including as a consultant in proprietary business and balance-sheet structure management for the Volks- und Raiffeisenbanken in Berlin, Brandenburg and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- 1990: Research assistant to the Chairman of the Board of the then Cooperative Bank, Berlin
- 1985-1989: Studies in economics with focus on finance in Berlin
- Head of the Working Group on Foundation Assets and Real Estate at the Association of German Foundations
- Member of the Board of the Rut and Klaus Bahlsen Foundation in Hanover
- Deputy Chairman of the Supervisory Board of PRISMA Investment GmbH in Frankfurt/M.
- Member of the Asset Advisory Board of the Foundation Remembrance, Responsibility and Future EVZ in Berlin
- Member of the Investment Advisory Board of the Generations Fund of the Free State of Saxony in Dresden
Henning Otto heads the "Finance and Administration" department.
- Member of the Executive Board and Head of the Finance and Administration Department
- Member of the management board of a company in the food industry
- In the corporate banking business of a major bank
- Studies in business administration