- area of research: humanities and social sciences
- Region: Germany
- type of funding: funding of a teaching substitute
- up to 180,000 Euro (including allowance for non-personnel costs)
- up to 18 months
- professors who want to write an extensive scholarly treatise
- prerequisite: permanent position as a professor at a German university
- additional benefits: training programs for teaching substitute
Aim of the initiative
The initiative aims at providing more freedom for writing a larger scholarly treatise to professors from the humanities and social sciences who have already achieved a degree of renown by virtue of (a first) outstanding research performance. Candidates can apply for a teaching substitute, whereby this scheme also aims at providing a perspective for early career academics.
The Foundation will finance a teaching substitute for a leave of absence of six months to up to 18 months and up to 10,000 Euros per year for additional non-personnel costs for the applicant.
Details of conditions and the application procedure can be found under Information for Applicants (pdf). Applications must be filed electronically via the electronic application system.
This initiative is a follow-up on the meanwhile terminated funding initiative "Pro Geisteswissenschaften" (Focus on the Humanities).