- area of research: humanities, cultural studies and social sciences
- Region: Germany
- type of funding: funding of a substitute professorship
- up to 180,000 Euro
- up to 18 months
- professors who want to write an extensive scholarly treatise
- prerequisite: permanent position as a professor at a German university
- additional benefits: training programs for substitute professors
Aim of the initiative
The initiative aims at providing more freedom for writing a larger scholarly treatise to professors from the humanities and social sciences who have already achieved a degree of renown by virtue of (a first) outstanding research performance. Candidates can apply for a substitute professorship , whereby this scheme also aims at providing a perspective for early career academics.
The Foundation will finance a substitute professorship for a leave of absence of 6 months to up to 18 months and up to 5,000 Euros per semester for additional non-personnel costs for the applicant.
Details of conditions and the application procedure can be found under Information for Applicants (pdf). Applications must be filed electronically via the electronic application system.
This initiative is a follow-up on the meanwhile terminated funding initiative "Pro Geisteswissenschaften" (Focus on the Humanities).