- area of research: all disciplines
- Region: Germany
- type of funding: conferences with 150 to 250 participants
- up to 100.000 Euro
- university professors or heads of non-university research institutions in Germany
- prerequisites: interdisciplinary event on the major challenges facing society at the dawn of the 21st century; venue: Herrenhausen Palace conference centre, Hanover, Germany
- reimbursement of additional costs for rental, catering and technical equipment
Herrenhausen Conferences – Ideas and Concepts
Scope of Funding
With the call "Herrenhausen Conferences - Ideas and Concepts" the Foundation invites scholars and scientist of all disciplines to submit outline proposals for future "Herrenhausen Conferences".
You want to present your research questions in front of a professional audience of between 150-250 participants? You intend to benefit from the scientific exchange with international experts? You are convinced of the professional relevance and the social significance of your topic? The Volkswagen Foundation grants up to 100,000 euros for the preparation and implementation of a "Herrenhausen Conference", incl. travel expenses. Additional costs (rental fee, catering, etc.) are reimbursed by the Foundation.
Herrenhausen Conferences – Ideas and Concepts 2019/2020
Details of conditions and the application procedure can be found under Information for Applicants (pdf, in German). Applications must be filed electronically via the electronic application system.
In spring 2018, the Foundation’s Board of Trustees will decide on the conference topics. The implementation is carried out in close collaboration with the Foundation.